Bird’s the word around the SLHL office this week. In fact, our feathered friends seem to be popping up everywhere we go… on fabrics, wallpaper, dinnerware, and especially in springtime décor.
1. Plumage Shade from Anthropologie. “Little details really complete the look of your home. With silk embroidered birds on the cotton shade, this lamp shade is pretty as a peacock!” – Lauren Schrader, Art Director (Photo courtesy of www.anthropologie.com)
2. Maluku Dinner Plates from Anthropologie. “I LOVE collecting plates. It’s so fun mixing and matching designs to create one-of-a-kind tablescapes. These bird plates from Anthropologie (one of my fave stores) are really great. Why not add them to your spring table?” – Judy Uelk, Editor-in-Chief (Photo courtesy of www.anthropologie.com)
3. Red Birds Letterpress Note Card Set by Lucky Bee Press on Etsy. “I love the color combination of Columbia blue and red (they were my high school colors, after all), so I was immediately drawn to these pretty little note cards. What a sweet and stylish way to let friends know you care!” – Katie Underhill, Managing Editor (Photo courtesy of Lucky Bee Press)
4. “Love Birds” Rug in Corn and Cream by Thomas Paul. “Though I’m less-than-thrilled when I come across a bird during a run through Forest Park, my feelings toward these feathered fellows take a turn for the better when I see a them featured in fashion or interior design. Not only do I find myself cooing over the comforting colors of this Thomas Paul rug, but I’m actually quite smitten with the touching love birds at its center. Whether modern or traditional, what a fabulous piece to add to your living room.” – Jenna Dunbar, Marketing Coordinator (Photo courtesy of www.designpublic.com)
4. Set of Four Bird Wall Tiles from Crate & Barrel. “I love these painted bird terra-cotta tiles because they can be used indoors or out, in a grouping as one large picture, or individually. And, they add the perfect splash of color to any room.” – Kristen Hollan, Account Executive (Photo courtesy of www.crateandbarrel.com)
6. Original artwork, available exclusively at Pizazz 2 Interiors. “Nature and sunshine make a grand entrance with these beautiful yellow birds. Both paintings, whether combined or alone, would look great in any room of your home. Personally, I would love to have them both side-by-side over my piano in the living room.” – Suzie Osterloh, Publishing Director
7. Bird Floral Rug from Pottery Barn. “The colors in this rug are so warm. I love how the design is reminiscent of vintage wall paper, with birds and flowering branches. It is also on sale right now!” – Denise Candice, Account Executive (Photo courtesy of www.potterybarn.com)